Friday, June 13, 2008

Almost there...

Phew, it's been a crazy few days! Traveling in NYC pretty much wiped me out. I had a lovely time last night staying with my fellow intern Lindsay and her wonderful family. We are now in Philadelphia, and spent most of the day orienteering (yep, I think I just made up that word) at WHM headquarters. They had incredible food for us (true Philly hoagies, mmm) and the atmosphere there was really wonderful and supportive. Our whole Prague team was finally united, which was exciting, and we got to meet some London interns as well. Tonight, Lindsay and I are in a lovely little house in Philly, enjoying our last night in America! I think our whole team is kind of in shock that we are leaving tomorrow. We head to the airport at 2:00, and our plane departs at 6:00, we'll fly straight to Frankfurt, Germany, and then we'll have a layover for several hours there. If all goes according to plan, we should arrive in Prague by early afternoon (early morning in the U.S.). Yay!
Please pray for safe, smooth travels, good bonding time, and good health....I am unfortunately rather sick as of right now, and my voice is fading fast to a horrible croaking whisper. Even if I can't speak the language, I would at least like to be able to speak once I get to Prague! I suppose being mute for a while would give me an interesting/disastrous crash course in cross-cultural communication...but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that!

1 comment:

Emerly Sue said...

Dear Kristi, I hope that you have a wonderful trip, I can't wait to read about it and to hear about it in person.